free website stats program Exhaust question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust question

Thanks tourbox! Iceman, I've thought about that also so I kept my digital readout on the RPMs just to make sure I wasn't under and no matter what I tried the sound was still there.

The "clatter" noise sounds like detonation or pinging as some would call it. I suspect the OP is shifting to early and lugging the motor in 5th.

Talonz, if you truly want to do "right by your ride" put the baffles back in; your motor will thank you. If you want noise, drill the baffles or pop for an aftermarket exhaust system. You have removed all back pressure from the system and have thrown off the factory tune. The right way to get the sound you want and to improve performance would be to pay the Harley "tax" and replace both the air filter and the exhaust with hi-flow components designed for your application.;)

I put some Cobra slip ons on my bike,nothing else,any intake mods and you have to retune. If I understand correctly,you have removed the entire factory muffler and are now running straight pipes? That must be loud,there are loud slip ons too.They're around 300 bucks to start.

Back