free website stats program exhaust question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust question

I pulled off all the old exhaust without any issues.

Question: Is is better to use the the stock exhaust gaskets or the screaming eagle exhaust gaskets?

When I started to put the stock exhaust on I noticed that the bracket for the rear header was not quite right. Later I discovered that it was a different bracket for the true duel setup. So I have the stock one on order. Are there any other things that would be different using true duels that I need to locate such that I can get back to the stock setup. The bike came with the true duels I did not put them on.

Thanks,
David

For the gaskets - go with the standard set...SE aren't "tapered" to the port/header (flat) so they might not seal well. As far as TD brackets - my 09 Bub-7's had two...one where rear header mounts to starter & a second by the Right floorboard, but this might be totally different fro your 2002.

Too loud, I like the stock sound. A nice mello rumble. I still haven't decided if I will put the stock mufflers on or the rinehearts that I just took off.

The bike came with the true duels and at first I thought oh that is cool. But after a long ride it just gets to me. So my first attempt is to go back to stock headers and see what difference that makes.

I think with the stock headers I won't have to adjust the tune. At least I hope not. It also came with a SERT and AC, essentially a stage one setup.

Thanks for asking,

Dave

If you have Rinehart True Duals, those mufflers will not fit your stock header. The Rinehart True Dual mufflers are only made for Rinehart headers. Rinehart does make a slip-on muffler that will fit oem headers.

I should of said that this is a 2007 FLTR, sorry for any confusion.

Thanks

David...if you are referring to my last post - I am pretty sure the mufflers that are on your Rinehart True Duals will not fit your stock header. The Rinehart headers have a stepped header pipe...it starts out normal at the head and gets bigger at the end of the pipe.

For the gaskets - go with the standard set...SE aren't "tapered" to the port/header (flat) so they might not seal well. As far as TD brackets - my 09 Bub-7's had two...one where rear header mounts to starter & a second by the Right floorboard, but this might be totally different fro your 2002.

Oiler, Actually I was referring to this post. He made mention of my 2002.
Iceman, Would the bracket by the right floorboard be different than stock on a 2007 FLTR

Thanks,

Back