free website stats program Exhaust question | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust question

173ABN

I have read other posts on this matter but I want to make sure I am understanding right. 2007 softail deluxe with shotgun stock exhaust, I want to change it out with stock 2007 heritage low staggerd exhaust. My understanding is that they will fit and that the bike should not need to be tuned. I want to change the pipes because I will then have more options on saddlebags. The high pipes on the deluxe dont give you a lot of options.

I have read other posts on this matter but I want to make sure I am understanding right. 2007 softail deluxe with shotgun stock exhaust, I want to change it out with stock 2007 heritage low staggerd exhaust. My understanding is that they will fit and that the bike should not need to be tuned. I want to change the pipes because I will then have more options on saddlebags. The high pipes on the deluxe dont give you a lot of options.

I hear you. I like the Heritge Classic bags. But I think they will sit on the stock Deluxe upper muffler. :(

Your right Ketto the only bags you can use with the stock pipes are made for the deluxe and are a lot smaller. I have picked up a set off a heritage pipes and after the install I will have a lot more options on bags and like you I am leaning towards the stock heritage bags

I put long shots on my 05 hertiage (FI) Do I need a tuner or fuel pak ? I was told if the pipes look golden it is running to lean ,the plugs are buring white. I was wonder if I am running to lean ?

They are turning a golden color right at the head .I hate to mess up my motor by running it to lean or hot

Last edited:
Back