free website stats program Exhaust question | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust question

ROAD KING KONG

HI
Just bought 2002 Road King and it is completely stock want to put some different mufflers on it to give it a little growl but don't want to get into changing anything in the fuel injector,any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

I just got my 06 Road King with Rush 2.0 slipons and I like the sound not too loud but has a nice growl. Does not wear your ears out at speed in fact I don't even notice them.

You'll probably need to tweak the fuel anyway. You should try to match things, Air cleaner (More air in) Free flowing pipes (Louder more exhaust out) and a little more fuel to match things up.

Vtbikers is on the point, once you create more flow out it will need more flow in.and you will want to richen the fuel .

There are plenty of slip on mufflers out there to choose from. I went with Screamin Eagle slip ons and ran them for about a year and a half. After I put on a high flow air cleaner they sounded a lot better, much deeper sound. Yes I had to get a SERT also so I could re-MAP the ECM. The air cleaner and MAP made a huge differance in the power the motor produced. I was mad at myself for not doing the whole stage 1 from the get go.

Think it through, trust me it is cheaper to do it right the first time.

Back