Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ROAD KING KONG, Aug 30, 2009.

1. ROAD KING KONG

ROAD KING KONG New Member

HI
    Just bought 2002 Road King and it is completely stock want to put some different mufflers on it to give it a little growl but don't want to get into changing anything in the fuel injector,any help on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

3. BeachJeep

BeachJeep Member

I just got my 06 Road King with Rush 2.0 slipons and I like the sound not too loud but has a nice growl. Does not wear your ears out at speed in fact I don't even notice them.

4. vtbikers

vtbikers Active Member

You'll probably need to tweak the fuel anyway. You should try to match things, Air cleaner (More air in) Free flowing pipes (Louder more exhaust out) and a little more fuel to match things up.

5. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Vtbikers is on the point, once you create more flow out it will need more flow in.and you will want to richen the fuel .

6. Elmosac

Elmosac Active Member

There are plenty of slip on mufflers out there to choose from. I went with Screamin Eagle slip ons and ran them for about a year and a half. After I put on a high flow air cleaner they sounded a lot better, much deeper sound. Yes I had to get a SERT also so I could re-MAP the ECM. The air cleaner and MAP made a huge differance in the power the motor produced. I was mad at myself for not doing the whole stage 1 from the get go.

Think it through, trust me it is cheaper to do it right the first time.

7. Doug_09ultra

Doug_09ultra Junior Member

But you don't have to get the SERT. There are alternatives, like TFI or Powwer commander.