Exhaust pipe sound

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by lowrider1963, Aug 23, 2010.

1. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

Just wanted to see what level of Db everyone has on their pipes. My stock exhaust was 84Db, new V&H slip-ons 100Db.

2. R.Bingham

R.Bingham Active Member

I have no clue, but if you ask me just right. Not too quite, not too loud. They are SE 16 gauge Double Barrel pipes, now sold by V&H as Q-Series Double Barrel exhaust pipes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  3. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

I'm not sure how loud my Big Radius pipes are. What equipment did you use to get your reading? I am interested in how loud they are, just out of curiosity.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

My cycle shack turn outs are too loud so I tamed em a bit with extra special home made splitters:s

5. stick105

stick105 Member

I have stock pipes on my Dyna and think they are perfect.

6. 09RGlideKY

09RGlideKY Active Member

I just installed some Rush slip-ons today and they sound great!

Attached Files:

7. biscuit

biscuit Junior Member

My Brother had those on his Fatboy(same colour as yours),and i thought they sounded great and were just about loud enough;except when he got on it.Then they became JUST too loud.(my opinion).

This week he fitted a set of Vance & Hines 2into 1's.I downloaded a new map into his Thundermax for him(a huge and fantastic success!)and while i was sitting next to the bike waiting for the IAC Auto to complete it's set up ,i was nearly deafened.I've still got a sore throat from shouting over the thing.

He loves it and says it's just loud enough.:bigsmiley29:

8. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

9. 09RGlideKY

09RGlideKY Active Member

I plan on keeping these (as long as I don't get any tickets) but need to add the SE Air Cleaner and get a new map to complete the stage 1. The Vance & Hines are nice. Did he keep the O2 Sensors

10. ballpeen

ballpeen Active Member

I have a meter, my Khrome werks touring are 92