free website stats program Exhaust modification on 08' FLSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust modification on 08' FLSTC

I have seen on the internet a few modifications projects made on different stock exhaust systems. Mostly consisting of drilling a hole in the baffle plate to reduce back pressure. The benefits being possible increase in power/torque and increasing sound. Has anyone done such a modification on the stock exhaust of an 08 Heritage softail? I have looked a couple of options of aftermarket slip on pipes but wanted to get someone else opinion. Has anyone had any experience with American Custom - Exhaust mufflers for your Harley Davidson Motorcycle. Home page ? :newsmile037:

I like my Vance & Hines.
speedyron-albums-2006_flsti-picture1873-2009_0106image0073.jpg

sbdude, dont touch your stock pipes, you will need them stock
in the future to pass inspections.
All over Europe now, not just UK.

hey Ron, nice pipes man !! It apears we have the same great taste !

I agree with Hobbit. The sound of drilled mufflers is flat and is not pleasant. Since I got a new pair of HD slip on mufflers I decided to drillI the old ones and I did not like the sound at all

Thanks everyone for your input. The problem with good advise is that it is not always easy to swallow. I hear what each of you are saying. As in most things in life you get what you pay for. I think I will skip the short cuts and wait until I can afford a set of Cycle Shacks or some other slip-ons. Thanks again!

softail,, post in the wanted sec. i want a set of slipons. etc I did,, & some great members emailed me i now am the proud owner of new to me used pipes.. :D

Back