free website stats program Exhaust Manifold Gaskets. | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets.

billd76

Morning all, I just finished doing a visual inspection of my cam chain tensioner shoes on my 06 RG. Shoes are still good to go. I did not have to completely remove the exhaust, but did have to drop the front header pipe put of the gasket. Should I replace that gasket or can they be reused? I know the gaskets are cheap, just wondering if I need to worry about actually replacing it. By the way bike has close to 37k, Shoes are only slightly worn, but do feel better having checked them. I figure I'll be ready for another bike by the time they need to be replaced. I run red line Synthetic in all three holes.

If it were me - I'd replace the gasket. Even though they're fairly durable, 37K miles & if you loosened the bolts why not spend the extra couple of $$$'s for added surety.

Always change out a gasket when you have the chance. Also I would go with a Stock gasket vs the SE types. Less chance of leaks.

I am with you 100% on the performance exhaust gaskets ghostrider, for all the hype you read on the internet from so called performance engine builders about don't use stock exhaust gaskets, I started using the S/E performance gaskits when they first came out but after years running bikes on the dyno with & without, I never use them unless requested, the stock ones seal so much better and that tinny little bit they might squash inwards have never shown up in the numbers I have run, but I build bikes for the street, not the strip.

Thanks all, put her back together last night. temps are supposed to hit 50 this weekend in our area! ready to ride!! It has been a long hard winter!

Back