free website stats program exhaust leak? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust leak?

De cel popping is more noticeable with different exhaust as the stock mufflers have stout baffles, not uncommon to have some popping when letting off the throttle tho you can usually rejet for this, best to error on the rich side than lean JMO

thanks jack i checked my exhaust tonite like you told me to and i found no leaks i dont have a lot of popping just enought to annoy me do you think i should up my jet and which one? i have a 45/185 or should i leave well enough alone and live with a little popping

thanks jack i checked my exhaust tonite like you told me to and i found no leaks i dont have a lot of popping just enought to annoy me do you think i should up my jet and which one? i have a 45/185 or should i leave well enough alone and live with a little popping

You could always open the a/f screw to three turns or a little more. If it helps and it makes you happy. Get you a 46 pilot jet and throw it in and readjust like you did for this one. Anything much over 3 turns and its time to up-jet.
Your high speed jet is probably fine.

Bodeen

You could always open the a/f screw to three turns or a little more. If it helps and it makes you happy. Get you a 46 pilot jet and throw it in and readjust like you did for this one. Anything much over 3 turns and its time to up-jet.
Your high speed jet is probably fine.

Bodeen

I think Bodeen has you covered here :s

i just happen to have a 46 it came in the kit ill put it in and try that so in my way of thinking if i richen up the slow it will help take care of the popping but will it hurt the performance she runs really great now?

i also have another ? off the topic im going to put in a chain tensioner do have any suggestions as to which on the m6 h125 or the new wedge

Last edited by a moderator:
i just happen to have a 46 it came in the kit ill put it in and try that so in my way of thinking if i richen up the slow it will help take care of the popping but will it hurt the performance she runs really great now?

Has the motor been upgraded to Bigger Bore?

If Not I would not think you need More on the low jet. Nor the large..

I have Never liked the drilled slide NOR the Kits that come out for carbs.. I have always had Better performance using the Stock Carb the way HD put it out... Jetting it Up and changing the slide needle or Upping it by a(1 or 2) #4 washer lift under it to allow it to get the fuel there sooner.

I think your exhaust Might be the factor for the popping.(like said SOME will be there Just because of the OPEN style exhaust)

If I remember right on my 97 FXDS I used the other style of Exhaust gasket you have coming.. Tapered

Just be careful when installing the Head Pipe into the exhaust, Not to jamb the pipe and the smoother they install,,,, the better FIT on the gasket and not pushing it into the exhaust port...

signed....BUBBIE

thanks for the reply bubbie no my evo is stock for now i also ordered a new slide and plan on putting it in i also do not like the idea of drilling i will be careful and patient when installing my pipes after all this stuff is fun and relaxing for me

Wont know if it'll affect it until you try it. Since you got the easy adjustment dohickey, open it up and see what happens before changing the jet.

Bodeen

the ez just screw is just like a bigger a/f screw so you dont need a screwdriver to give you a better idea bodeen what i am talking about you can go to cvperformance.com and check out the products page ill try the 46 but cant ride today we got snow and ice last nite figures that would happen on my day off

Back