free website stats program Exhaust leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust leak

Ok guys, i'll bite .... what is a wobble extension ?

A wobble extension goes between the ratchet and the socket and comes in various lengths and square drives
on the square drive end of the extension has a slight taper allowing the socket to wobble on the end of the extension rather than be held straight
I have a set that has wobble extension for 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" square drives and it helps a lot to get to some of those awkward fasteners

Brian

Ok guys, i'll bite .... what is a wobble extension ?

A wobble extension goes between the ratchet and the socket and comes in various lengths and square drives
on the square drive end of the extension has a slight taper allowing the socket to wobble on the end of the extension rather than be held straight
I have a set that has wobble extension for 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" square drives and it helps a lot to get to some of those awkward fasteners

Brian

As Brian said...it is similar concept as the "Ball End Allen Wrench" as opposed to the "Universal Joint Adapter".

tn659s3.jpg

Thanks guys for the replies, i hadn't heard of them before. They sound like they would be handy, i'll have to track some down. Cheers.

Back