free website stats program Exhaust leak problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust leak problem

One last, last, last question...maybe;

1)What are some good gaskets to use for the head gasket? '96 1200XL Sporty.

And thanks a lot guys. You really put my mind at ease knowing that I'm not alone.

I like Cosmetic or James METAL base and head gaskets, use spray copper coat and you will be leak free

Good news!

I got the gasket in and it seems to be holding. I haven't taken it for a ride yet because now there is a clicking sound coming from the motor.

Any idea what that is? I heard something about pushrods and oil...is that right?

Good news!

I got the gasket in and it seems to be holding. I haven't taken it for a ride yet because now there is a clicking sound coming from the motor.

Any idea what that is? I heard something about pushrods and oil...is that right?

Ticking could still be an exhaust leak, re torque the head pipes to 10 ft lbs after a couple of heat cycles, check for a plug wire not making good contact, look at night time for arcing

UPDATE.

I have installed the gasket. It was a success and the clicking noise was indeed the pushrods.

Thank you everyone! I meant what I said when I said you guys rock.

UPDATE.

I have installed the gasket. It was a success and the clicking noise was indeed the pushrods.

Thank you everyone! I meant what I said when I said you guys rock.

Good Deal, Another satisfied customer and a Happy ending:s

Rook,

When you get your exhaust leak solved get a set of

cut and paste the www. to below

jpcycles.com/product/440-583

probably over tightened in the first place tryin to make it stop leaking bro. im doin that project now too just waitin on my new drive belt for my 02 sportster. i was wondering if it mattered which way them tapered wire mesh gaskets faced when puttin them on too. good luck with it . the head gaskets are right there too, between the fins hope its not that...

Back