free website stats program Exhaust Installation Fees? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Installation Fees?

Thanks to all, so installing the exhaust, tuner and stage 1 are easy to install? Is the Stage 1 Air cleaner the one that sticks way out? If so, I'd never be able to reach the break pedal on the forward controls.

Yes anyone with some mechanical ability can do it. It sticks out just a bit more than the stock unit but if you reuse the stock football cover it's very manageable. If not there are extensions for the brake pedal available at a fairly low cost.

Thanks to all, so installing the exhaust, tuner and stage 1 are easy to install? Is the Stage 1 Air cleaner the one that sticks way out? If so, I'd never be able to reach the break pedal on the forward controls.

No on this one: Screamin' Eagle Stage I Air Cleaner Kit - Twin Cam Models | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Yes on this one: Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather Performance Air Cleaner Kit - Chrome | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Recommended tuner:
TFI Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

Why not try just installing slip on and if baffles are less than 1.75" no additional add ons needed....

My local dealer told me once if they installed any part on my bike it would be covered under warranty, But if I did stuff to the bike my self and something happened becouse of what I did to the bike they would not cover it.

That is what I read here. I need to ask my dealer if I do it will it be covered under warranty.

What's the difference in Stage 1 and Heavy Breather? Which is better and what would I need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer would have to prove "without a doubt" that your self-help part/work caused the failure. If you do the upgrades logically, follow installation guidance & ensure everything's done correctly - you'll have no problems. My dealer gets amazed w/all the upgrades on my bike & actually complements vs. hitting w/"you know that'll void..." comments.

Back