free website stats program Exhaust Installation Fees? | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Installation Fees?

Pgh Serb

I'm thinking of putting a new exhaust on my hopefully to be delivered sooner than later 2012 Fat Bob. Besides the exhaust what else is needed? How much do the dealers cost to install the exhaust and all the parts needed? My dealer is giving me 20% off at the time of purchase so this will probably be the cheapest time to get the exhaust and still be in compliance with the warranty.

I don't know what it costs, but be prepared for the labor at the dealer.

My FXDC is being set up right now: Forward highway pegs, axle nut covers and a laydown plate, all pretty much bolt on.

$162!

But all those parts will be covered under your original warranty.

Good luck!

Are you in the least bit mechanically inclined??? If so, do it yourself. Pipes are just a couple of nuts/bolts and a hanger or two. You didn't say but I'm guessing you are getting the S/E pipes. What about a/c and some more fuel to the motor?? All of these are easily installed and people on this forum are willing to walk you thru the process. Get to know your bike.....:s

I'm not very mechanically inclined but I'm more fearful of losing the factory warranty if i don't allow the dealership to install. I'm also getting 20% off parts and labor at the time of purchase.

How much the exhaust will cost completely depends on what system you get. I would advise you to go with a full stage 1 with tuner and air cleaner. Be prepared to drop at least a grand if you go this route. Kindof expensive but you will be rewarded with more horsepower and a cooler running motor.

Other than the exhaust there really isn't anything else that you "need" in fact you technically dont even "need" a Harley. As far as what you want the sky is the limit (well the sky or your wallet whichever comes first...lol).

Got any buddys? Slip-on mufflers are easy to do, and a good start of making it your bike! Buy pizza & beverage of their choice, almost free labor!
wilks3
:USA

I'm not very mechanically inclined but I'm more fearful of losing the factory warranty if i don't allow the dealership to install. I'm also getting 20% off parts and labor at the time of purchase.

Just a FYI. There is nothing that ONLY the dealer can do to keep the warranty valid. They often try to make people believe the first services must be done only by them, that's how they make money. Just keep receipts and records of all products and service intervals if you have it done elsewhere.

Breeze is correct - keep documentation/records on all aftermarket upgrades & use them to validate any warranty issues w/HD.

For Pgh Serb; understand if you're not comfortable swapping exhaust, but realize bike ownership is a whole package (riding + care) so why not take this opportunity to start learning...exhaust install is fairly straight-forward & simple. Only thing HD technicians will accomplish is take $$$ out of your pocketbook. The money saved can purchase a tuner on top of new exhaust so you're ready to adjust for the upgrade & any future motor changes you make down the road. Not trying to bend your ear - just making a suggestion...think it over.

Thanks to all, so installing the exhaust, tuner and stage 1 are easy to install? Is the Stage 1 Air cleaner the one that sticks way out? If so, I'd never be able to reach the break pedal on the forward controls.

Back