free website stats program exhaust help | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust help

noeld

hi I have an 89 fxr & bought a set of kraft/tech 1 3/4 tapered pipes k11021 with built in mufflers that look like the stock pipes
I tried to put them on & they don't seem to fit vary good where the C clamps go to the motor & trans, using the stock muffler connecting bracket
has anyone else used this item or know where I can find some instructions for installation ?????
I tried to call kraft/tech but it looks like they have gone out of business
thx noel

hi I have an 89 fxr & bought a set of kraft/tech 1 3/4 tapered pipes k11021 with built in mufflers that look like the stock pipes
I tried to put them on & they don't seem to fit vary good where the C clamps go to the motor & trans, using the stock muffler connecting bracket
has anyone else used this item or know where I can find some instructions for installation ?????
I tried to call kraft/tech but it looks like they have gone out of business
thx noel

YOU WOULD BE PURCHASING A SET OF PIPES THAT WE HAVE SOLD IN THE PAST FOR 169.00

REMEMBER THIS PRICE IS UNREAL BUT WE ARE UNLOADING THESE FOR FAR LESS THAN IT COST TO PLATE THEM

THERE ARE NO RETURNS AT THIS PRICE

LISTED IS WHAT KRAFT TECH SAYS THEY WILL FIT

IF YOUR HARLEY IS LISTED AND ORIGINAL WITH NO ADDED BRACKETS THAT MAY BE IN WAY OF PIPES, THEY SHOULD FIT

FITS HARLEY FXR MODELS 1984-94 & 1999 FOR THAT CUSTOM LOOK
QUALITY NICKLE-CHROME FINISH
1 3/4" PIPES
16 GAGE SEAMLESS TUBING
HIDDEN CHANNEL MOUNTING, ON SOME MODELS T-BOLTS ARE INCLUDED (IF YOU RECEIVE THEM IT IS A BONUS)
WORLD KNOWN KRAFT TECH HIGH QUALITY MUFFLED EXHAUST SYSTEM
MADE IN USA
55-EP-K11021-55 This is the info I found, are you saying the exhaust hangars do not fit correctly?

am not sure exactly how the c clamps go on the mounting brackets under,over,in between & it seems like I have to use a bit of force to get them pushed in far enough to get holes to line up
then not sure if I can get the pipe connecter thing on after that is why I was wanting to look at some instructions

I'm not familiar with your brand, but remember with your Rubber mounted engine, the pipes cannot touch the frame anywhere. The custom pipes I put on my Dyna required a longer bolt and a few spacers (nuts work) on the trans mount. Also the rear muffler is supported with a brace to the front muffler.

am not sure exactly how the c clamps go on the mounting brackets under,over,in between & it seems like I have to use a bit of force to get them pushed in far enough to get holes to line up
then not sure if I can get the pipe connecter thing on after that is why I was wanting to look at some instructions

Have you tried to loose fit everything first then tighten from the heads back?

took the pipe connecter off it was loose though,going to loosen head things up more & see if I can get mid clamps started then tighten up each in turn ???

Just had my stock pipes off last week to replace the crossover pipe gasket... The clamps that go to the brackets were both attached with the bracket between the ears of the clamps. And yes loose fit everything including the clamps and muffler bracket before you tighten anything completely. I found that wiggling things around as I tightened things helped.

Back