free website stats program Exhaust help please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust help please

Nice look! Just went to find customer reviews on these mufflers and all were very good. Was concerned about engine modifications and as you stated none are necessary. Your post has me thinking. Also...great looking bike!

I believe the Vance and Hines "quiet baffles" @ $35 each , will fit the Python exhaust. I just put 'em in my V&H Bigshots and they mellowed them out some. Maybe makes it run a bit richer also.

I have a 2012 Heritage softail classic and have the Rush 1.75 mufflers. Not too loud and they have a very mellow tone. You might consider these mufflers. Purchased the mufflers for about $307. Placing the Rush mufflers on my bike required no engine modifications.

Yep, I too have the Rush slip-ons with 1.75s, not rudely loud,

What can I change the exhaust to without having to do anything else to the bike, and not spending to much money? Thanks Charlie

Try Spectro Platinum Transmission fluid, it was designed to quiet Harley engines. $19 plus shipping from Bobs Cycle Supply online. The first time I used it, that brassy blast tone got tamed, and the second time I changed the fluid (about 5,000 miles later) it changed to a throaty base roar.

I beat a loud muffler ticket with Spectro, and by bending my Thunderheader baffles. For the full story, you can search for my post, "Any Help? Got a muffler fixit ticket". I'm still loud at 94 decibels, but at least I'm legit.

:44:

Back