free website stats program Exhaust help please | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust help please

chuck60

I have a 2012 softail classic with python exhaust and they are loud, I bought the bike used and it came with the python slip ons. The bike has a screaming eagle down load and the screaming eagle air intake. What can I change the exhaust to without having to do anything else to the bike, and not spending to much money? Thanks Charlie

My first thought is to look into a quieter baffle if available. No guru here, so maybe the exhaust experts will have more suggestions.

I just bought some Wild Pig slip ons w/ 2" baffles online. Nice tone, not too loud, but louder than stock. Brand new about $210 for both, shipping included. Very fast delivery. Very happy with them. Chrome looks real good. Go to their website and have a look. Read reviews about them. I did before I bought them and couldn't find one negative review.

I have a 2012 Heritage softail classic and have the Rush 1.75 mufflers. Not too loud and they have a very mellow tone. You might consider these mufflers. Purchased the mufflers for about $307. Placing the Rush mufflers on my bike required no engine modifications.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 32
cheers to the big city thunder qq baffles. have them in my screaming eagle street performance slip ons and they are perfect. deep sound.

Good advice on exhaust options!

@trike09, I have a 12' Heritage as well and it is bone stock, I just rode it back down South from Wichita. I had Rush slip-ons on my 07' Heritage, along with stage on a/c and download.
I'm interested in putting the slip-ons on my bike prior to getting the download and a/c upgrade. I was encouraged to read that it is ok to put the 1/75" Rush slip-ons on the bike prior to finishing up with the rest of the upgrade?
For monetary reasons, I would like to do just that.

Thanks,
Max

Good advice on exhaust options!

@trike09, I have a 12' Heritage as well and it is bone stock, I just rode it back down South from Wichita. I had Rush slip-ons on my 07' Heritage, along with stage on a/c and download.
I'm interested in putting the slip-ons on my bike prior to getting the download and a/c upgrade. I was encouraged to read that it is ok to put the 1/75" Rush slip-ons on the bike prior to finishing up with the rest of the upgrade?
For monetary reasons, I would like to do just that.

Thanks,
Max

Absolutely spot on Max. Baffles no more than 1.75 inch requires no additional modifications... Then as you see fit to upgrade the rest of bike, you can always change the baffles only to a larger diameter....

Back