free website stats program Exhaust /Helmet road block | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust /Helmet road block

How else they going to pay for that Universal Health Care system y'all have there. Can you imagine something like that all over the US? Oh MAN. Government Control out the yeng yang.

I couldn't agree more with what is going on with the government crooks and they should be removed from office but this topic posted here is considered off topic and also not allowed on the forum. We removed the political forum because of the heated discussions that were taking place.

Please keep on topic.

Thanks

As has been said, there will be more destruction of liberty in this country and probably worldwide.

What can we do?

Get involved! Join and support your motorcycle rights organizations, ABATE, MRF etc. Write your legislatures, let them know we are not to go away quietly (pun intended). Look at the success the NRA has had in supporting the second amendment. It is because of the members that support the legislative work the lobbyists do ans well as the personal contact the members make with their legislators. We must do the same to protect our rights.

On the other hand, be respectful of others. Keep the noise down while riding in residential and congested areas. Be a good neighbor, don't antagonize those who may not be anti motorcycle. Show up for charity events let the general public that we are good citizens. We need to make friends, not enemies.

If my bike passes inspection and meets all applicable laws in my state, PA., can they fine me in MASS. for not meeting their standards? We all know California has different emission standards, however if you ride out there, you don't have to have California exhaust system on your bike do you? Just want to know what to look out for.

I couldn't agree more with what is going on with the government crooks and they should be removed from office but this topic posted here is considered off topic and also not allowed on the forum. We removed the political forum because of the heated discussions that were taking place.

Please keep on topic.

Thanks

Sorry glider, I wasnt trying to make it political.Just trying to let people know where not to ride in Ma.Turns out the city of Boston has rescently passed a motorcycle noise ordinance allowing $300 fines to be handed out for any scoot not bearing an epa stamp on the exhaust wether being driven or simply parked on the street.Sterling,Salem and a couple of other small towns are following this trend.

As has been said, there will be more destruction of liberty in this country and probably worldwide.

What can we do?

Get involved! Join and support your motorcycle rights organizations, ABATE, MRF etc. Write your legislatures, let them know we are not to go away quietly (pun intended). Look at the success the NRA has had in supporting the second amendment. It is because of the members that support the legislative work the lobbyists do ans well as the personal contact the members make with their legislators. We must do the same to protect our rights.

On the other hand, be respectful of others. Keep the noise down while riding in residential and congested areas. Be a good neighbor, don't antagonize those who may not be anti motorcycle. Show up for charity events let the general public that we are good citizens. We need to make friends, not enemies.

Well put, and yes thank you WhatYardWork for the heads up in the Boston area...no politics just facts: Save your stock OEM takeoffs...you will need them, if not right now...VERY SOON! Unfortunately, it won't save you from the ticket, impound or spurious spot check mis-adventures...:(

I heard a rumor that the Feds are thinking about giving the states grants if they would pass laws making it mandatory to wear a lime green or orange and white striped vest or jacket while operating and or riding as a passenger on a trike or motorcycle. If this is true and it wouldn't surprise me if it is, you know they won't be far behing pushing for the nationwide helmet laws also.

The saying is that "loud pipes saves lives", but the pipes whose noise is just obscene is a bit much. I cant imagine having exhaust on my bike that I have to worry about being ticketed for. My pockets are not that deep.

Back