free website stats program Exhaust /Helmet road block | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust /Helmet road block

Doc,

No flame-throwing here. I think you make a lot of sense.

Some interesting comments by some of the readers.

As to the part about taking photos of the bikes and taking license info down, that sounds more like anti-gang unit activity. Wonder if they consider membership to H.O.G. or AMA is the same as being a gang member?

"It's not a gang, it's a club!" Can't remember which movie or TV show that came from but it sure applies!

Doc,

You are right. The world is just changing. The trend is to go green, stop noise pollution, pollution, and more.

The loud pipe thing does not bother me. I open my Rineharts up some times, but out on open roads. I always keep it quiet through towns and neighborhoods. The rules should go against all types of noise though. A decibel limit and that's it, whether it be a motorcycle, car stereo, tractor trailer with a Jake Brake, pickup with no mufflers, and Blah, blah, blah.

After seeing the news this morning, I just hope we have and make enough gas for the rest of my life so I can keep riding. I would really feel manly riding around on my 2 wheel Hovaround electric scooter.:(

Doc,

You are right. The world is just changing. The trend is to go green, stop noise pollution, pollution, and more.

The loud pipe thing does not bother me. I open my Rineharts up some times, but out on open roads. I always keep it quiet through towns and neighborhoods. The rules should go against all types of noise though. A decibel limit and that's it, whether it be a motorcycle, car stereo, tractor trailer with a Jake Brake, pickup with no mufflers, and Blah, blah, blah.

After seeing the news this morning, I just hope we have and make enough gas for the rest of my life so I can keep riding. I would really feel manly riding around on my 2 wheel Hovaround electric scooter.:(

That's been my contention all along but it'll never happen. It's a golden opportunity for people who hate motorcycles for whatever reason to simply ban them under the guise of "they're too noisy!"

I've stayed at several of the areas on Hilton Head Island that do not allow motorcycles, supposedly for noise reasons. After a week I was practically deaf from kids screaming at the pool, younger folks zipping around in their Civics with those obnoxious bumble bee type exhausts, and all manners of landscaping equipment exceeding the decibel range of a jet taking off! Yeah, right, motorcycles are the problem!

This is what happens when you keep electing liberals to public office.

Look at my great state of Cali and the way they tax us in to poverty. I'm Moving out of cali next month

In France, you have this information on your Motorcycle Licence.
For the XL1200C - 2008 the noise is: 96db at 2850 RPM (for my BMW R1150GS it's 86dB at 3375RPM)
The police can give you a ticket (45€ or 60$ approximatly) and can keep your motorcycle.
Often, they just keep your Motorcycle Licence, and ask you to come back to the police station with your motorcycle and the original exhaust pipes.
In France they are loocking for the Japanese, not too much for the Harley:D

California is now trying to make us have Smog Checks on motorcycles just like cars. Figures, encourage people to use vehicles that are more fuel efficient and when they do,
look at it as a way to increase revenue by adding state mandated emmision checks.

In France, you have this information on your Motorcycle Licence.
For the XL1200C - 2008 the noise is: 96db at 2850 RPM (for my BMW R1150GS it's 86dB at 3375RPM)
The police can give you a ticket (45€ or 60$ approximatly) and can keep your motorcycle.
Often, they just keep your Motorcycle Licence, and ask you to come back to the police station with your motorcycle and the original exhaust pipes.
In France they are loocking for the Japanese, not too much for the Harley:D

hmm, how are you supposed to bring your motorcycle to the
station without your license ?

Oh I know, its a conspiracy for the tow truck guys ! :newsmile025:

They have the same laws in Spain, the HD riders there
are just waiting for the police to switch over....

hmm, how are you supposed to bring your motorcycle to the
station without your license ?

Of course, if they stop you when you go to the police station, you just have to explain that they keep your Motorcycle Licence. They can check directly on the computer or use the radio to confirm.
Actually, they are also watching for the turn light, head light and rear light....you must have a E or CEE sign on them for the Europeen Regulation, if you don't they give you a ticket...it's the same everywhere, only for money:(

The wife has an officer friend from way back...Seems the state troopers have had a local police training program geared towards motorcycle inspection in place for some time.All's a local PD need do is subscribe and buy in.In this case a very popular watering hole's nieghbors had had enough.
As said before bikes are getting towed and ticketts issued,scarey stuff in your own back yard."WELCOME TO TAXACHUSSETTS"

How else they going to pay for that Universal Health Care system y'all have there. Can you imagine something like that all over the US? Oh MAN. Government Control out the yeng yang.

Back