free website stats program exhaust for nightrod special | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust for nightrod special

tooltime

help! I hope to take delivery of my new nrs on friday the 20th if it shows up from kansas city. One of the changes that I am thinking about is the exhaust. I am told that it is too quiet for this bike and it needs to be louder, yet not obnoxious. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone replaced or modified theirs. This is my first HD and my first bike in 13yrs. Believe it or not, this was my wifes idea for my 40th! Please reply if any info is avaliable. THANKS

Check out V-Mod.com for some options. I found some slip-ons from Force Exhaust on that site that I like, and am waiting on them to ship.

But the thing is, the stock pipes look great, they are just too damned quiet (thanks, EPA.)

What I really want is to modify my stock pipes, and cut about 10" off of each...and take the baffles out.

So I'm going to put on my Force pipes, and go to work on the stock ones...

KML

I know Harley's have a great deep rumble giving it this image of power, stenght and superiority but why some of us have to alter the exhaust just to make a nuisance of themself is beyond me.
Nomatter what you do to it when you're on your Harley you will stand out. Let it not be for the wrong reasons.
The public will respect you for the chrome, paintwork or just for the fact you own a Harley. Make a hell of a lot of noise and the will start to dislike you pretty soon and start calling for a tougher legislation with regards to noise polution and then we will have all the baffle removers to thank for having bikes so quiet that you can here the mother-in-law over the sound of our bike.
Now is that what you want. Respect others as much as you would like to be respected yourself. We, and me too, love the sound of our bikes but, others might not. :27:

I Just Had Vmod Do A Vmod Ii To My Stock Slip On's I Love The Look Of The Stock Exhaust, So I Went This Route. I Put Them On Today And They Sound Much Better. I Rode The Bike To The Dealer To Have The Power Commander Installed So I Can Keep My Warranty In Place. They Will Then Dyno It To See What I Get At Rear Wheel. Vmod Did A Great Job Of Getting The Pipes Back Fast.:)

I know Harley's have a great deep rumble giving it this image of power, stenght and superiority but why some of us have to alter the exhaust just to make a nuisance of themself is beyond me.
Nomatter what you do to it when you're on your Harley you will stand out. Now is that what you want. Respect others as much as you would like to be respected yourself. We, and me too, love the sound of our bikes but, others might not. :27:
I'm with you but some bikes like the night-rod that I just bought are super quiet. Really the wind is louder than my bike is.... especially on the highway. After a close call when a exiting car decided not to exit and transferred back onto the highway into my lane without even so much as a signal I'm thinking of getting louder pipes myself. Now comes all the questions that others have asked such as what type, Kerker is fairly inexpensive but I have not been able to find a sound/vid clip of them. CFR 2-1 is nice enough but what else has to be done to ensure warranty is not voided? I looked into the V-mod also but just wanted to get some input before I waste money.

Thanks,
Dale

Doing it right isn't cheap.I suggest you ride the bike for a while and then make that decision.

I will be looking for exhaust that makes the V-Rod most sound like an airhead,as one of the main reasons I am buying a Harley is the sweet music it makes. Now I just have to read thru 1000's of posts to try to find the right one for sound.

I am looking at just sending my stock exhaust into V-mod.com to have them fix it up, that seems to be the most economic. I'll let you know how that turns out soon.

Dale

Back