free website stats program exhaust color | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust color

IR Rick

I have new 09 Ultra,
I have notice that the the exhaust on the left side (if your sitting on the bike)
has a black tint to it and the right it looks like it's Well the pipe looks like it my have rust around it, Put my hand over the hole and not much comming out on the right side,, I have 2600 miles on now, is this normal:33:

thanks

I have new 09 Ultra,
I have notice that the the exhaust on the left side (if your sitting on the bike)
has a black tint to it and the right it looks like it's Well the pipe looks like it my have rust around it, Put my hand over the hole and not much comming out on the right side,, I have 2600 miles on now, is this normal:33:

thanks

Any mods done to it yet?

The 09 has the new style exhaust with the under frame crossover.They are closer to true duals then anything in the past.The left muffler has a bit smaller outlet to compensate for the shorter pipe to keep pressure balanced between the cylinders.

I have an 09 RG and I would have to say with the stock mufflers it's almost a 2 into 1 with the majority of the exhaust flowing via the right side and very little flows through the left. Left is more of the sound chamber.

It's an asymmetrical design, similar to FuelMoto mufflers.

My 09 is pretty much the same. I like to use a Dremel with the small wire bruch inside the end of the pipe to clean it out once in a while. I am running all stock.

Thank for input, I'm also running stock
I have been waiting to see what may come out for muffler that will give us a little more proformace with out the Noise.

Back