free website stats program Exhaust clearance | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust clearance

PaulJr

I just installed Penske Shocks which give me a bit more cornering clearance but they are very close to contact with the pipe. Can anyone tell me if any of the Screaming Eagle systems would give me a bit more clearance (ground and shock)?

I just installed Penske Shocks which give me a bit more cornering clearance but they are very close to contact with the pipe. Can anyone tell me if any of the Screaming Eagle systems would give me a bit more clearance (ground and shock)?

so what you are saying is that you put longer shocks on your FXD, which is has moved you swingarm down, causing your lower shock mount to contact your muffler?

I just checked the penske shock website, cause ive did not know they made shocks for m/c. What shocks did you use?,cause i cant find any applications for motorcycles nor harleys for that matter. Maybe they are too long. What is the measurment eye to eye? I dont think any S.E. mufflers are any different size wise. Maybe a different exhaust system.

Yes the shocks are 13" eye to eye if memory serves me correctly. The lower bolt is within 1/8 inch when the bike is on the jiffy stand so I'm assuming it could contact the exhaust shield if unloaded over a rise.

I got the shocks through Traxxion Dynamics. They show BiTubo on thier site but can get the Penske shock made for you, I tried the BiTubo but it was not suitable for 2-up riding. Guess I'm not sure why Penske does not show the shock on thier site, I would think if you call them they could take care of you.

What happens when you lift the rear wheel off the ground? Does it contact the exhaust at all? If it doesnt i would not worry bout it, cause that is as far as the shocks will extend. I run 13.5" shocks on my fxdx, which are factory stock shocks on FXDX, but is 8 years older than ur scoot.

Back