free website stats program Exhaust Bracket | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Bracket

lowrider1963

Just installed my Vance and Hines Quiet Baffles and had to loosen the bottom mounting bracket on the exhaust. Wanted to know if there is a specific torque for the bolts, or just tighten to snug?

Just installed my Vance and Hines Quiet Baffles and had to loosen the bottom mounting bracket on the exhaust. Wanted to know if there is a specific torque for the bolts, or just tighten to snug?

Torque values are easily found in the factory service manual for your bike.

You do have one, right? :s

Found one on Ebay, but it is for 2008 Dyna. Does anyone if this would also cover the 2010 Dyna models? Only $15 for download of full PDF manual.

Found one on Ebay, but it is for 2008 Dyna. Does anyone if this would also cover the 2010 Dyna models? Only $15 for download of full PDF manual.

Not worth it if you ask me. Believe me when I say (and most on here would agree) the $60 you'll spend to get the Factory Service Manual for your specific year and bike model will be the best money you ever spend on your baby!

At this point, the $35-$40 Clymer is better than nothing at all and could be in stock. Check with your HD dealer, they sometimes carry the exact HD Service Manual you need there without special order. Being prepared for repair and maintenance with a proper service manual will improve your chances of success. It all boils down to preparation and starting early, so the inevitable trips to the dealer are kept to a minimum.:s

Back