free website stats program Excessive Vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Excessive Vibration

Thanks for the idea about the Bar Snake. The bike already has ISO grips on it, which are great! I also thought about air suspension. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the idea about the Bar Snake. The bike already has ISO grips on it, which are great! I also thought about air suspension. Any thoughts on that?

Air suspension isn't going to help on your bike. I see the pipes on your bike and they are probably half the reason for the vibrations you are getting. I'll bet it could run a lot better with some mufflers on it too, you probably have little or no back pressure with those pipes even if they have baffles in them.

So I am guessing I need to put on a new exhaust...

It would tame things down a bit and probably reduce some vibrations too. You may be able to locate a take off system from someone else for a cheap price.

Can you see them now Hobbit? :D Maybe short shots?

My wife's uncle has a 2001 1200 custom with stock pipes on it and at 55 it shakes so hard your hands go numb and you can't see anything out of the mirrors, in fact about every other ride I have to retighten the mirrors because they vibrate loose. I also thought this vibration was quite unusal.:(

First of all, let me say thanks a million to all the responses I have received today. Big Lew, I am interested in what you may have in your garage. Let me know more about them. I am not sure what all is on that thing. Like I said, this was a Valentine's Day present, so I am trying to make the best of it. I definitely plan on changing out the windshield. It is okay for now, but it definitely has to go. :)

I just posted some more pics so please take a look! :newsmile064:

Last edited:
You can probley price out belt guards at your local HD dealer and if there is smaller cycle shops in your area they can also get them. I found out to definatley shop around I priced a set of 4' risers for my 69 at the HD dealer and they wanted $ 129.00 and at the smaller independt dealer I got the same ones for $42.00:D

Back