free website stats program Excessive Engine vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Excessive Engine vibration

No PIN in the cranks. Pressed fit only... A FEW do tend to un-align and go OUT and that causes a LOT of vibration, could break the oil-pump gerotors. as the crank wobbles inside the tight clearances of the oil pump...

IF it feels like totally in the engine, It should be checked. Look in the self help and see what is there.

IF you have no mechanical skills I'd take it to a shop and ask. get a $$ quote Before you allow them to tear into it.

signed....BUBBIE
it is pinned and that was the problem, the pin broke and walked the halves enough to cause the vibration. new crank, oil pump, and cam plate

it is pinned and that was the problem, the pin broke and walked the halves enough to cause the vibration. new crank, oil pump, and cam plate

Thanks for the update... I'd better go read up on the cranks as I did think they were not pinned... Lot of builders have them Welded well apart this far. Darkhorse is one of the companies. That insures the crank will stay straight a little better.:D

signed....BUBBIE

OP, did you get it figured out? If so, what did it turn out to be?

Alan

Just what I said,,, the Crank.....

Quote: Originally Posted by patrickcarr View Post

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the update... I'd better go read up on the cranks as I did think they were not pinned... Lot of builders have them Welded well apart this far. Darkhorse is one of the companies. That insures the crank will stay straight a little better.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Further asking and looking,,,,,

The 07 and up TC motors have ONLY a PRESS FIT together process,,,, NO Weld OR Pins to hold them in the correct alignment...

The only PIN is the Crank Rod Pin...

This is why they Move so easy...

This is What I believed and more reading about it and asking gurus...

Yes the only pin is the rod/crank pin and Pressed together.:(

signed....BUBBIE

Back