free website stats program Excessive engine vibration softtail springer | Harley Davidson Forums

Excessive engine vibration softtail springer

LifesToShort

I changed out the "buck horn" handlebars on my 2000 softtail springer(20,000miles) with Wild One dragster type bars with integrated risers. Lots of work over the winter, but it looks good. I don't know if its coincidence with the new bars, but the engine vibrates the new bars, mirrors and hand grips etc... At any speed when I clutch and take the load off the engine their is no vibration. What the heck should I be looking for? Looking to enjoy my ride again.

Did you change out the isolators when you changed the bars?

I did not change the isolators. Would that make a difference when the new bars have vibration dampening in the risers? Suggest HD isolators or other make?

I've always had good luck with the J&P heavy duty urethane dampers. Are you feeling excessive vibs in your footboards? This may be just a different riding position with more of your weight on your wrist.

There is vibration in foot pegs as well, but with heavy riding boots, it is not a big deal.
You are probably right about the change in wrist position from the buck horns to the drag bars. I will take a look at the J&P dampers. Thanks for info.

Back