free website stats program excessive blowby | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

excessive blowby

The cylinder and piston have to be replaced. I just hope that the pin keeper came out and caused the problem instead of the piston getting so hot that keeper fell out.

I would want to know where that cir clip is, I would pull off the cam cover and inspect, you may also want to check the pump for wear pay attention to scoring of the gears

Agree with JK; I would want to find that circlip, or what is left of it. The obvious place to look is at the bottom of the crank case. I would be fishing around down there with a magnet.

I doubt that the the scavenge side of the pump picked it up but would be checking the oil pump as well. If the oil pressure was good before tear down, the oil pump should be OK.

I once inadvertantly had a washer fall down into a crankcase while doing a top end on an Evo. Found i had to use an extendable antenna with a magnet end to reach down in to recover it, which I did by the way. The only pain was the magnet kept wanting to grab onto the flywheels. Only other option would've been to pull the lower end out and turn the crankcase upside down. But, i'd make triple sure I found that wrist clip, or evidence of it having been chewed up in the motor befor continuing with the rebuild. Hate to see you get it back together to have another/related problem occur down the road.

I once inadvertantly had a washer fall down into a crankcase while doing a top end on an Evo. Found i had to use an extendable antenna with a magnet end to reach down in to recover it, which I did by the way. The only pain was the magnet kept wanting to grab onto the flywheels. Only other option would've been to pull the lower end out and turn the crankcase upside down. But, i'd make triple sure I found that wrist clip, or evidence of it having been chewed up in the motor befor continuing with the rebuild. Hate to see you get it back together to have another/related problem occur down the road.

:s BIG AL, try some rubber hose on the magnet, this way it will be less prone to attaching to things to the side of it while you fish it down

Back