free website stats program Excessive Blow by Front cylinder only | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Excessive Blow by Front cylinder only

If you drained the oil and changed the filter before you started it, all the old oil would be in the bottom of the engine and you wouldn't have drained much oil out of the tank. I'll bet you have way too much oil in there now and it's blowing out the carb. You should run the bike awhile and then drain the oil, better yet, take it for a ride and warm the oil up and then drain the oil.

has been parked inside for 10 years.

Did you prepared the cylinders before letting them sit for 10 years. Scraping off an oxidized surface with piston rings could be the kiss of death. I have not looked the spec up, but 121 psi sounds really low to me.

If this bike has sat for 10 years the valve seals, umbrella seals could be hard and leaking. While the compression is the same in both cylinders it is low, you may have stuck oil rings as well. As Don pointed out and Geezer you may have wet sumped filling the crank case with oil.

I did have a Manual 10 years ago I haven't found it yet. I haven't searched all the boxes that were stored yet I'll do that tomorrow morning, while the attic is cooler. I appreciate all the help I can get. I have never used a community help service before on anything so this is new to me

Take a look here. If you aren't registered on harley-davidson.com, go ahead and do it. It's free and actually a pretty cool site.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/en_...-your-bike/owners-manuals/owners-manuals.html

Back