free website stats program Excess vibrations | Harley Davidson Forums

Excess vibrations

Motto

I have A 2009 FXDF, since owning it I have had the switch blocks vibrate loose, the rear exhaust bracket bolts were they go into the gearbox snap and just recently the mounting points for the rear tailight LED (tribar) have broken, all due to vibration in my opinion, is anyone having the same vibrations or is this a possible engine problem, any thought's

Last edited:
If I had all them problems I would take it back to the dealer. It's still under warranty isn't it?

Is it the engine that is vibrating or possibly something else out of balance. I would also take it back to the dealer to at least get it documented and be specific what they write it up as, make them put exactly what you tell them to cover yourself in the future.

I have A 2009 FXDF, since owning it I have had the switch blocks vibrate loose, the rear exhaust bracket bolts were they go into the gearbox snap and just recently the mounting points for the rear tailight LED (tribar) have broken, all due to vibration in my opinion, is anyone having the same vibrations or is this a possible engine problem, any thought's

The only vibration problem I've had is the seat hold-down tab broke and the seat started slopping around and I discovered that the belt was too loose and was setting up the vibe in the (EDIT)-end of the bike. I re-adjusted the belt to see if that was it and the wife said yep, my butt is doing much better. I now have 91+k on her (the bike)( 41 yrs on her) and still doing good---

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Back