free website stats program Ex highway patrol bikes? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ex highway patrol bikes?

The 2008 that I own came with the factory 103, ABS, heavy duty cooling system as well as a heavy duty electrical system. It is the perfect bike if you want to customize it.

Heavy duty cooling system? In Florida that would be a hurricane.

These bikes are easy to spot as the crash bars are scraped and the floor boards have wear marks.

Something like THIS...
tim-chafin.jpg

(Yikes!)

I like the pop-ups. I put on the chrome, but they also come in black. They are a flush mount, so there's nothing sticking up on the bag lid. To operate, you simply push the button and release. The button stays up, you turn it 1/4 turn either direction and lift. To close, you simply push the button back down and it latches. Install took about 40 minutes ( I used a grinder to grind off the backside of the OEM rivets.) You'll also need to make the hole in the lid bigger to accomodate the pop-up latch assembly. I used a step bit (cheapo from Harbor Freight) and it worked great. The pop-up kit comes with small buttons that fill in the holes left by the "puck" mount. You can get plain, or there are some with the HD Bar and Shield Logo. I siliconed mine from the backside just to ensure a watertight seal. I really like the "clean" look.
hey what brand pop up latches did you get the ones i ordered were from squadfitters and they dont stay down the pop up stays up...i really want something that sits flush when not in use thanks

Back