free website stats program Ex highway patrol bikes? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ex highway patrol bikes?

leo13

I know they have the 103" motor, solo air seat, oversize luggage rack. My state sells 2007s for $10.8K (10K to 12K miles) to $12K (6-7K miles). Would there be any issues with these bikes? Seems like a good way to get a bike and customize to suit taste with the savings.

Only issue would be the maintenance record and the possibility of them being used in parade duty or other duty where they would be overheated. Oil breaks down and they usually don't use synthetics but they should.

Good point, although don't they usually use Sheriff's for parades?

They probably don't have CD players either?

Good point, although don't they usually use Sheriff's for parades?

They probably don't have CD players either?

Depends on the location. You may want to look out for the powdered sugar in the bags too.:s

No creature comforts on the police line that are used in police duty usually.

I know they have the 103" motor, solo air seat, oversize luggage rack. My state sells 2007s for $10.8K (10K to 12K miles) to $12K (6-7K miles). Would there be any issues with these bikes? Seems like a good way to get a bike and customize to suit taste with the savings.

Believe the newer police specials are 110 motors and after the research Ive done, I wouldnt touch that motor with a ten foot pole.

You can get a Great deal on one of those Bikes, they come with the 103" Engines, some have real low miles on them and you can dress it up like you want, they are Serviced by the Dealer, My Local Dealer had some a while back that were traded back in, they did not last long, The local Sheriff"s Office has a contract with HD .

Police Bike are usually a good buy if they haven't been down or in an accident. They come with the chrome engine packages and saddlebag guards,most often are maintained buy the dealer. Maybe a couple of nicks and scratches but good bikes
But I may be a little biased...:s

copking.jpg

Back