free website stats program EVO Fatboy front wheel on an 03 FXST | Harley Davidson Forums

EVO Fatboy front wheel on an 03 FXST

03fxsti

When I repacked my wheel front bearings I lost track of the order of the shims. The one I remembered the position of was the thinest of the shim pack. The one that is worrying me is the shim with the step in it. I can't remember if it was in the middle of the stack or next to the bearing. Does it matter?

I am unable to find an ipb of the hub on this wheel, and I my shop manual is no help as the 03 FXST came with sealed bearings.

There is also a way to check end play/run out that I am having no luck searching for. Ahh, the joys of modding a newer bike with older parts. Love the challenge, hate the challenge, love the challange.

Any help would be appreciated.:small3d028:

Rick

The shoulder on the spacer washer should face the bearing
that is the one with the step in it and the step is towards the bearing

to check the bearing end play you will need a magnetic base dial indicator mount the wheel back on the bike torque the axle to 50 ft lb place the dial indicator magnetic base on the brake disc and position of the end of the dial indicator on the end of the axle move the wheel side to side and check the movement on the dial indicator should be between 0.002 and 0.006 inch

Hope this helps

Brian

Back