free website stats program Evo Engine on Airboat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Evo Engine on Airboat

Hey glider, the tube that the rubbers fit in is conical on top and bottom and a conical
rubber fits on top and the bolt coming from the bottom has a conical rubber on it to.
It has movement up and down. If we didn't have the rubber on the head of the bolt, we
would need one under the lock nut. Thanks, Chuck

Hello, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I built an airboat with the
Evolution engine for power. My problem is the vibration. Can this engine be
tuned to eliminate most of the vibration? I installed a fluid balancer on the
crank at the 3 inch sproket and it helped some. We are using the HI-4 ign.
I tried to post some pictures in the gallery and failed. I will try again.
Thanks, Chuck

How did you start the engine? Were you able to mount a starter to it? Did it go fast? It looks like a good design but Ive heard that thoes motors dont stop shakin and thats their nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I built an airboat with the
Evolution engine for power. My problem is the vibration. Can this engine be
tuned to eliminate most of the vibration? I installed a fluid balancer on the
crank at the 3 inch sproket and it helped some. We are using the HI-4 ign.
I tried to post some pictures in the gallery and failed. I will try again.
Thanks, Chuck

:swoon EVO engine in an airboat...HD owners sure have a bit of a wild streak in them...:D Actually was wondering if RPMs was high enough to do the deed...

VIBRATION...on a Harley?:newsmile055: The cadence and design is INTENDED to have that characteristic lope we all know and love. Hope the local CROCs are entertained with the booming exhaust note...! And as Glider said the TC88 "B" w/ balancer might be better with less vibes. :bigsmiley11:

Last edited:
That is too cool. Brings back memories from when I was a kid. My uncle had an airboat and I used to go ride with him.

Back