free website stats program Evo 1340 Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Evo 1340 Help

I just posted the link but it replied the moderators must review before being published. I used flickr account under name andradedavid. The air cleaner shows RevTech 100 but the reason being I changed out the S&S shorty carb it came with to the new Mikuni style; and off ebay the only deal had the rev tech badge.

Flickr: andradedavid's Photostream

On a side note: anyone know where I could get a diff cover for that air cleaner?

Last edited:
I just posted the link but it replied the moderators must review before being published. I used flickr account under name andradedavid. The air cleaner shows RevTech 100 but the reason being I changed out the S&S shorty carb it came with to the new Mikuni style; and off ebay the only deal had the rev tech badge.

On a side note: anyone know where I could get a diff cover for that air cleaner?

Try E bay?:s

From the picture it looks like a hard tail frame with an evo engine and a softail gearbox the copper coloured cylinder attached to the front of the frame could be the oil tank as i can not see one elsewhere and it has a couple of oil lines going in to it so that is where i would start looking for a drain but you may have to remove it to empty the oil out
gearbox drain should be on the bottom centre of the gearbox although you may find it directly below the right side cover but you will have to remove the exhaust to find it there

Brian

There should be a supply a return and a vent the supply line should come from the bottom of the tank and the return and vent should go in near the top of the tank
perhaps the only way to drain the tank is to remove the supply line and use that point to drain it from

Brian

Have you run your hand under the tank in the front of the bike to see if there is a drain plug?

I was able to change the primary, which was a hex bolt directly under the derby cover, and transmission oil, which was a torx bolt on the side of the cover right behind the pipe. So progress is being made. But I have not attempted to change the engine due uncertainty. There is no drain plug on the tank to answer your question HD-Don. But I believe you guys are right about the only way would be to use the feed hose. I am going to look over the forum post that The-Tank posted and try and trace it form there; btw: thanks for that post. So stand-by- looks positive. :) Now that the weather is warm, I am determined!

Try E bay?:s
I have tried eBay. The only listings I have found have RevTech embossed into the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
as it looks like all the pipes are held on by worm drive clips should be fairly easy to pull the line from the bottom of the tank and push on another bit of pipe directed at your oil drain pan put some rag under the fitting to catch the wee bit that will escape

Brian

Back