free website stats program Evo 1340 Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Evo 1340 Help

Hello all- in dire need of your expertise.
I bought a custom bobber that has a 99 Evo 1340 engine but am determined to change the oil/lube myself. Yesterday I repacked the wheel bearings and went out and bought the oil filter (HD), oil (Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50), transminssion (Bel Rey) and primary (HD Formula +). So I am already to do service; but as a noob to Harley maintenance- where the heck are the drain plugs?!?! I did a search on the forums and found a picture of the Soft-Tail's location but that is not the same location on mine; as well as no positive find on YouTube. Can any of you help a fellow brother out?
Dave.

"What type of bike is this in, softail or dyna type frame?"

It is in a custom rigid frame. I wanted to post a picture but the forum says I need at least 5 replies. :/

It is in a custom rigid frame. I wanted to post a picture but the forum says I need at least 5 replies. :/

Maybe I should have asked what type of engine/trans does it have. Is the oil tank a horse shoe shape under the seat or is it below the transmission as an integral unit?

Custom rigid only describes the frame.

The primary drain should be around the rear/bottom of the primary case. Should be a plug with a magnet on it, you'll have to open up the inspection cover to refill it. Check for a hose coming out of the bottom of the oil tank with a plug in it as well, usually on the right side. To do a complete oil change you will have to circulate the oil out of the engine by disconnecting a hose coming from the oil pump.. Its best to read up on Gliders links he posted.

The oil tank is custom as well. It is strapped to the front of the frame in a vertical position. Not your traditional oil tank.

As it is a custom bike it may depend on where the builder put the drain plug the engine oil will drain from the oil tank depending on the type of oil tank that is fitted the drain may be a plug directly in the oil tank or may be from an oil line that is plugged at the end and secured to the frame

Brian

Back