free website stats program Ever stuck at a red light? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ever stuck at a red light?

I wish Florida had this. I am fighting my ticket for doing the left after waiting forever. Florida law is not specific enough. Hopefully I will be able to change this. I doubt it. But it is worth a shot.

Court on May 24th. Wish me luck.

Traffic signal loops work on an inductive principle. When metal passes into an energy field, it changes the field and the detector does it's job.

The problem is most of the detectors are junk. Extreme weather changes will cause them to go out of tune.

The loops will get broken or grounded.

When you come to a light look for the slots that were cut. Pull your motor over the corner of the loop. It's more sensitive there.

A lot of citys are going to a camera detection instead of ground loops.

I worked 4 years at Memphis Traffic Signal

I hope GA passes it as well. I wish I had a dime for every red light that I have went through because it would never change. I guess I have just been lucky enough not to get caught.

I've read where putting your kickstand down on the loopwire(where it's cut in the pavement) is enough to get detection. I also noticed they sell magnets to put on the underside of the bike to help with the switching. Anybody try these?

I like the law. As far as a safety issue, once your stuck at a red light for awhile, you end up going when it is safe anyway, risking a traffic violation. Those who abuse it are likely unsafe regardless. I hate paying taxes for my plates and then sitting at a junk red light missing my turn while cages go on through. JMHO. :(

I have seen riders put there kickstand down several times, they say it works, never tried it. I make sure that I get my front tire on top of the sensor wire and it usually works.

This law has been in effect for about 5 years in Tennessee. It would sure be nice if our law enforcement officers knew about it. I have been to court 3 times over this. I always won................

Back