free website stats program Ever catch yourself... | Harley Davidson Forums

Ever catch yourself...

YmmitHD

putting your hand out to wave at a biker while you driving you cage. I caught myself doing it today and thought it was kind of funny. As i thought about it some more i came to the conclusion that it just might not be a bad thing, it showed me that even if i am in the cage i still make a mental note that there is a bike present and showing them i acknowledge their presence kind of allows me to watch out for that bike as fellow rider. As dumb as it may look i'm still gonna do it.

I do it all the time.

I also agree that I've become a much better, more aware driver since I started riding again a year and a half ago.

Do it all the time...also agree with Dr.D.....I am much more aware of whats around me since I got back into riding.

Only had my bike 3 weeks and I've done it unconsciously also. Yup, makes you more aware and the bike knows you see them. Tracy

I don't know maybe it is me, but I think that a biker has enough with waving to the ever growing bike population and now you have cars waving and you have to wave back to cars :wall. I will usually give a biker a nod at a stop light if he looks at me, or the same nod on the highway if I am doing a slow pass by checking out his ride, but generally I will not wave at bikes when I am driving in the truck.

Back