Ever catch yourself...

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by YmmitHD, Sep 12, 2008.

1. YmmitHD

YmmitHD Active Member

putting your hand out to wave at a biker while you driving you cage. I caught myself doing it today and thought it was kind of funny. As i thought about it some more i came to the conclusion that it just might not be a bad thing, it showed me that even if i am in the cage i still make a mental note that there is a bike present and showing them i acknowledge their presence kind of allows me to watch out for that bike as fellow rider. As dumb as it may look i'm still gonna do it.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I do it all the time.

I also agree that I've become a much better, more aware driver since I started riding again a year and a half ago.

3. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

Do it all the time...also agree with Dr.D.....I am much more aware of whats around me since I got back into riding.

4. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Active Member

Only had my bike 3 weeks and I've done it unconsciously also. Yup, makes you more aware and the bike knows you see them. Tracy

5. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Me too but what gets me is when I am cutting grass and try to put my feet on the hiway pegs!!!

6. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

:shock Ohhh thats bad!!!

7. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

I'm trying to figue out a way to put some Isogrips on my mower.

8. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

I don't know maybe it is me, but I think that a biker has enough with waving to the ever growing bike population and now you have cars waving and you have to wave back to cars :wall. I will usually give a biker a nod at a stop light if he looks at me, or the same nod on the highway if I am doing a slow pass by checking out his ride, but generally I will not wave at bikes when I am driving in the truck.