free website stats program ETIMS Bulletins | Harley Davidson Forums

ETIMS Bulletins

Status
Not open for further replies.

glider.

BOT Machine
Some input on the ETIMS systems that turns the rear cylinder off when a high heat is encountered.

Engine Temperature Idle Management System

The 07 bikes have to be activated by the dealer for a one time free service.If you decide you don't want it activated, most dealers will charge you to turn it off.

None working links removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this been corrected on the 2010 and up models? especially with the 103cc motors? if not, do I tell my tuner mechanic to make sure my idle settings are at 12.7 or 13.0 when reprogramming my fuel pak?

If you go back and read about activation on the 08 bikes this may be something you can try on your 2010.

my understanding after reading what you told me too; my 2010 has it. so I guess i am o.k.After I have my Stage 2 done; I hope it will be still there. Of course with "true duels" and better pipes,ac,cam; it should run cooler anyways....sometimes I wish I should of stayed with the good old Evo motor and just redid it to what I wanted.

my understanding after reading what you told me too; my 2010 has it. so I guess i am o.k.After I have my Stage 2 done; I hope it will be still there. Of course with "true duels" and better pipes,ac,cam; it should run cooler anyways....sometimes I wish I should of stayed with the good old Evo motor and just redid it to what I wanted.

It won't run cooler unless you add some type of fueler to the mix. If you keep the same Air/fuel ratio as stock the bike will still run lean/hot.

Remember to ADD fuel, changing pipes and AC will run even more lean than factory Largest mufflers you can fit will give you more torque, volume is where you build torque, Have you picked a fueler yet?

yes on the fueler. The shop that I go to use the TTS system w/dyno. I am using the V/H true dual system from pipes to exhaust. Stage 1 ac, w/SE 551 cam. He was going to do more research on what cam Trikes should and are using now.

sometimes I wish I should of stayed with the good old Evo motor and just redid it to what I wanted.

I can really agree with that. As much as I like fuel injection, you just can't duplicate the sound of an Evo. Life is good until one of them pulls along side of you.:)

There is a new Bulletin out for the 2014 models. Could not get a copy from the dealer but on the 2014's the ETIMS is activated using the AAT (ambient Air Temp)
When the AAT is above 80 deg. and the engine has been running for over 4 minutes, with throttle at idle, speed at 0 the rear cylinder will shut down. The owners manual describes the system working like it did on my 09. I thought there was something wrong with my bike cause it kept coming on but they showed me the bulletin and I guess they decided to have it come on before the engine gets hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back