free website stats program Ethanoll | Harley Davidson Forums

Ethanoll

hargun2

Seeing more and more stations with 10% Ethanol added to their pump gas and I have heard this is not a good combination for the Harley motor in that it causes corrosion. What's a Harley brother do do??

Add some Marvel Mystery Oil or Seafoam to your gas, Ethanol aint going away any time soon JMO

I agree with smitty, I have run it for years with no problem because I have not had any choice, Where do you live that you havn't been?

With the demise of MTBE the EPA has mandated its replacement to Ethanol....10% does not worry me but 15%...well it worries me. ITs pretty much here to stay.

RR

With the demise of MTBE the EPA has mandated its replacement to Ethanol....10% does not worry me but 15%...well it worries me. ITs pretty much here to stay.

RR

We have not seen bad yet but I think it is around the corner. If the feds have their way we will all be at 15 percent or more with (cleaner) gas

I have one verified problem with ethanol.

My lawn equipment. Echo Gas blower, the plug in the tank that the vent and fuel lines go through has disolved away from inside the tank. Entire bottom of this fitting has melted and is now residue on bottom of the tank. The only explanation is ethanol. Thing is not that old, possibley 5yr old or so.
I have other power equpment and have not noted the same issue yet. However they never get tank full and always stored with the tank in position that the fitting is always dry. Blower may get tipped over on garage floor or stored in odd position.

I have one verified problem with ethanol.

My lawn equipment. Echo Gas blower, the plug in the tank that the vent and fuel lines go through has disolved away from inside the tank.

I have the same blower, I'm going to have to take a look at that.

Thanks

Damaged 2 chain saws by turning the fuel lines to gel and plugged the carb screens.

Blistered the fuel pump diaphragms on my 1969 Bertram's Mercruisers causing fuel to run up the over flow line from the pump to the carb intake and flooded one of the two engines. Pumps are $156.00 each.

Caused many older Bertram fiber glass fuel tanks to delaminate.

I don't think the gas mileage is as good as it was without ethanol.
It's unintended consequence is higher food prices.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Back