free website stats program Ethanol Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Ethanol Question

danthern

As we are all aware, Ethanol free fuel is disappearing faster than qualified politicians. In your learned opinions, is my 2010 Dyna better off with 90 octane Ethanol free or Sunoco 93 octane with Ethanol? I've used both and notice no appreciable difference in performance. I ride almost daily, year round so seperation shouldn't be a factor as the bike doesn't sit long. Thanks in advance.

People say the ethonal eats up fuel lines and such and will break down and seperate in your machine clogging things up. so go with non eth when possible. I cant find non eth in maine unless I can get it from an airport or a marina which is just a pain so i have to use fuel stabilizers.

Let your bike tell you the difference. You should be able to feel a difference between the two fuels.

The first bit of gas that comes out of the hose is what ever grade the last was. So if the pump has a long hose you may be getting a good dose of regular before the premium comes out. "About 1/2 gal." Arround here branded high test has lower ammounts of ethanol than regular "Arround 2-4%" and you still have a choise between ethanol or no ethanol.
Billy

Last edited by a moderator:
The first bit of gas that comes out of the hose is what ever grade the last was. So if the pump has a long hose you may be getting a good dose of regular before the premium comes out. "About 1/2 gal." Arround here branded high test has lower ammounts of ethanol than regular "Arround 2-4%" and you still have a choise between ethanol or no ethanol.
Billy

You may want to read this...

Harley Davidson Community

Pretty sad when the "new and improved" or "reformulated" gas "helps" the environment...while DECREASING fuel mileage and performance, and the regulators and bureaucrats are thinking of increasing from 10% to 15%. Boy who is going for a ride now?!!

When changes happen, have to ask who wins, who loses and where does the money go!:newsmile055:

You may want to read this...

Where I live we don't have vapor recovery nozzels and the pumps don't remove the fuel left in the hoses. The breakaway fittings stop fuel flow in a drive away and also keep folks from draining the hose after stopping the pump.
Billy

Ethanol is here to stay, that said when ever you can find the good stuff I would treat your engine to it, I see the damage caused every day @ work.:s

Ethanol in gas has proven to be a bad idea that's not too popular.
Billy

Back