free website stats program Esp | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Esp

Did you get 5 years of extended warranty or just a total of 5 years? It's usually the latter, which means you got 3 years extended for $1453. Only makes sense to me that the same 3 years would be more expensive on an older bike.

Hey Dr.,

Now that I've looked at the paperwork a little closer, it is a total of 5 years so I guess the cost is somewhat reasonable. Funny thing though, I bought the bike as used, had a little over 1K on it, but the 5year plan was checked as a new bike??? Have to discuss this when I renew.

So what would, say, a 2-yr ESP afford you. The opportunity to pay $50 per visit during the factory warranty period for repairs? What exactly does the ESP cover ABOVE the factory warranty during the first 2 years?

So what would, say, a 2-yr ESP afford you. The opportunity to pay $50 per visit during the factory warranty period for repairs? What exactly does the ESP cover ABOVE the factory warranty during the first 2 years?

Absolutely nothing. The ESP doesn't even kick in until the original 2 yr. factory warranty has expired. There should be no deductible during the first 2 years. And I don't think they even sell a 2 yr. ESP. What would be the point??? I'm pretty sure you could get a 3 yr. ESP, but that would only cover one additional year.

So can you actually call around to far away dealers for the best price? In other words, do they have to physically lay hands on your bike before they'll sell you the plan or do you just need your VIN number?

I bought my bike new from Renegade HD and used a friends Florida address, after I had rode it for about 3000 miles I imported it to Canada as a used bike.
When it was almost 2 yrs. old I called around for the best price on a 5 yrs. ESP. Once again Renegade had the best price. I planned my summer trip from there. Bristol night race, New Orleans for a few days then Alexandria to get my ESP. They never charge me the inspection fee and I didn't pay the State taxes because I am from out of State. It is a great system if you learn to use it!:s

The ESP I purchased when I bought the bike included wheel and tire coverage, the new price also includes it. I have never used this service but I understand that if there is usable tread left on the tire and any damage to the wheel or tire is incurred, the replacements are fully covered, less $50 deductible.

The $50. deductible only applies to mechanical issues. The tire and wheel coverage has $0 deductible.

Back