free website stats program Esp | Harley Davidson Forums

Esp

gator508

Experienced Member
Debating if the cost of this is too high. What do ya'll think. 08 softail custom, 3 yr, $50 deductible, with wheel and tire coverage $1880. 26+K on the bike. Seems high to me.

It seems high until something happens...... Specially something like Jack just had happen recently.

6 K for new engine or 50.00 HMMMM, it is a tough choice, that is why I build it in the cost of the new bike:s You may be lucky and NEVER have to use it, I have been lucky, I paid 1,100 for ESP and am covered til 2015

I have had ESP cover me for much more then I paid for it originally so I would say it is worth it. Check a couple of dealers. Some are willing to go a little cheaper than the book says. I got my ESP at Renegade HD in Louisianna, they were $400 cheaper then I could get it here but Kitchener Harley has done 80% of my warranty work. I was also treated great by the dealer in Gatlinburg and New Orleans HD So where you purchase the extended doesn't matter when it comes to the coverage.

Check a couple of dealers. Some are willing to go a little cheaper than the book says.

So can you actually call around to far away dealers for the best price? In other words, do they have to physically lay hands on your bike before they'll sell you the plan or do you just need your VIN number?

So can you actually call around to far away dealers for the best price? In other words, do they have to physically lay hands on your bike before they'll sell you the plan or do you just need your VIN number?

You have to pay a 50.00 inspection fee to add the warranty:s

Thanks guys,

When I originally bought the bike I got 5 yrs for $1453, and now 3yrs for $1880, I guess this cost has gone up a lot. I agree with what you said Bodeen that it seems high until.. the unthinkable. I think I will call around and try some haggling.

Thanks guys,

When I originally bought the bike I got 5 yrs for $1453, and now 3yrs for $1880, I guess this cost has gone up a lot. I agree with what you said Bodeen that it seems high until.. the unthinkable. I think I will call around and try some haggling.

Did you get 5 years of extended warranty or just a total of 5 years? It's usually the latter, which means you got 3 years extended for $1453. Only makes sense to me that the same 3 years would be more expensive on an older bike.

Had ESP on my '06 and it more that paid for it. Got ESP on the '10 as well. Haven't had to use it yet, but I rest easy knowing it is there when I need it. Went on a ride to Indiana with some friends this past week and one of the guys had the rear cylinder crap out on his '11 CVO Ultra Limited. It is out of warranty and no ESP...so he gets to eat the whole cost. My point...in MHO ESP is worth the cost.

Debating if the cost of this is too high. What do ya'll think. 08 softail custom, 3 yr, $50 deductible, with wheel and tire coverage $1880. 26+K on the bike. Seems high to me.

When I bought my 08' streetglide year last I asked the dealer for a two year ESP and after a couple of getting up from my seat and letting them know I was calling of the deal, they gave it to me at no additional charge.
P.S. I also paid fair market on the bike.

Back