free website stats program Error codes! ?????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Error codes! ??????

porkchop

I got an error code on my scoot today (p1356) and i looked it up and it shows Rear cylinder no combustion EFI, The bike seems to run fine.
Any ideas why this code would have showed up? Its a 2006 dyna,intake and pipes have been done a few years back, have a Fuel pak and running NGK plugs for the past 4k. Any help would be app.

Could be a plug or a bad/loose plug wire. The ION sensing is picking something upo and giving you that code.

I pulled the plugs and they both look great,but they both were allso not tight at all. This could be the problem.

Thanks. I am getting my ol lady to stop and get me a couple of HD plugs just to be on the safe side.

I got an error code on my scoot today (p1356) and i looked it up and it shows Rear cylinder no combustion EFI, The bike seems to run fine.
Any ideas why this code would have showed up? Its a 2006 dyna,intake and pipes have been done a few years back, have a Fuel pak and running NGK plugs for the past 4k. Any help would be app.

Had the same error on my '07 Dyna, on a trip no less. Stopped at the first dealership and asked, and received Glider's answer. A bit too sensitive and even one misfire (one not even noticed) would set the code.

Solution? I gently pinched the plug end of spark-plug wire with a set of pliers for a tighter fit on the plug. No cost, and no further error codes.

Might try the pliers bit and see if that helps.

Regards, Silver

Might try a shot of spray silicone inside the plug wire boot so it slips onto the plug better instead of trying to force itself back off again unlubed. It also eliminates a moisture problem in there too that would lead to corrosion.

Had same on my 06 bob but different code,motor was perfect,my problem was when fuel pak was fitted they stood the connector upright and it filled with water rain or washing,but stayed damp giving a false reading,hairdryer,put connector on side last i heard of that 2 years ago

Back