free website stats program Error code 31 | Harley Davidson Forums

Error code 31

Hi, this is my first post! Hope somebdy can help me out in this one, what is the specs for the middle pin current and voltage to set the alarm on-off.
I have this 2001 fatboy and I just installed a SS2 and it will not chirp or scream. I sent the siren back to the Harley dealer to get tested and all is fine.:52:

Hi, this is my first post! Hope somebdy can help me out in this one, what is the specs for the middle pin current and voltage to set the alarm on-off.
I have this 2001 fatboy and I just installed a SS2 and it will not chirp or scream. I sent the siren back to the Harley dealer to get tested and all is fine.:52:

You should be able to trace the circuit in the wiring diagram in the manual.

The siren needs to charge up the internal battery after the installation. It charges from the 12 system in the bike so I would think off hand that it would be a 12V pin out.

Last edited:
You should be able to trace the circuit in the wiring diagram in the manual.

The siren needs to charge up the internal battery after the installation. It charges from the 12 system in the bike so I would think off hand that it would be a 12V pin out.

So, for me to confirme if I got 12 volt power on the middle pin B (LGN/BN)wire (when the TSSM is activated), I can use a bulb style test light and should see a signal and not bake my TSSM ,...right??

I would use a meter to measure the voltage myself instead of a test light but that should work.

I wouldn't go from pin to pin without a diagram in front of me.

I do have the shop manual at hand.

Ok, I just mesured the signal wire, all ok , when the sys. is armed I get 3.08 volts at the TSSM. When the sys. is activated ( the flashers are blinking ) the voltage goes to zero. Is it suppose to be a solid 12 volts when armed but not activated??

Ok, I got it to work jobber style. I hooked up a testlight bulb and wire assy. to battery positive post to connect onto siren signal circuit between TSSM pin 11 and siren pin b middle wire (Didnt have a good 12 volts as a siren signal, only 3-7 volts), now it works like it is supposed to. I cleared the code 31 and all is good to go!
Can anybody give a reason why I am not getting proper voltage at pin 11 on TSSM??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back