free website stats program Epic Leather Jacket | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Epic Leather Jacket

I have the same from Fox Creek. It's a good jacket - made in the States which is cool, and they stand behind their product.

I also own Fox Creek Leathers.
Vented Racing Jacket and Chaps both use 1.4-1.6mm thick and very supple leather. All made in the USA.
If you just like the HD logos and graphics then by all means get the HD stuff, if you want really well made leathers then you really should consider the Fox Creek Leathers.

As Maine-e-axe says, if finding that HD jacket is that tough and style/graphics are the determining factor, why not get a USA made one, fitted and personalized the way you like AT A COMPARABLE PRICE but the quality is at least 3x better (good leather should be 1.1mm)...heavy but supple, not "designer" thin leather made for off the rack comfort, not rider comfort a year or two OR "down the road" heavan forbid.
Good point NEWHD. I have a quality leather jacket from Walter Dyer Leathers here in Ma. Made in America and it is thick, soft & well made. Now the Bomber jacket that I bought from Cabela's sight unseen, directly from the catalog is a thin, flimsy leather. I feel like if I'm gonna tear it if I catch it the wrong way. Guess where THAT is made? :s

I can't scan and post the pic but, if the OP still wants to know what the back of the jacket looks like, check out the back of one of the latest American Iron Magazine.

FYI, there is a small to medium sized Harley Davidson logo located between the shoulder blades in black stitching with grey back ground. Looks like the leather panel from the collar to just above the waist line is one piece with a horizonal zippered vent and then lower leather panel. Back of arms have piping made from 3M reflective material.

Hand sewn in America of imported materials.

If they are going to tout being sewn in America, wouldn't you think it would be important to have the leather homegrown too?

JMO. I obviously love HD motorcycles but, there are plenty of others that have higher quality gear at a much more reasonable price.

Back