free website stats program Entering Canada via Maine | Harley Davidson Forums

Entering Canada via Maine

mc2

Contributor
Hi,
After Rolling Thunder I'm heading thru Boston and on to Maine.
Are there any particulars I should be prepared for about entering & riding in Canada?
I'll be entering the states again in Michigan.

Any info on routes or points of interest is appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
After Rolling Thunder I'm heading thru Boston and on to Maine.
Are there any particulars I should be prepared for about entering & riding in Canada?
I'll be entering the states again in Michigan.

Any info on routes or points of interest is appreciated.
Thanks

First of all, jealous!

second, MT. Washington in the White mountain national forest in NH is the tallest mountain in the east coast. you can ride the bike all the way up to the top. id do that if i had the chance.

have your passport.

they don't like concealed weapons. personal mace is not allowed, but bear mace is, because its big enough so you can't hide it.

on your way back into MI the Mackinac Bridge is the longest in the world of its type.

Niagara falls is cool if your heading that way.

you probably know this already: quick math of converting kilometers to miles. EX: take the first number in the speed limit and times it by 6. (100 km = about 60 mph......1X6=6, and 30km = 18mph about.........3X6=18.)

thats all i got.

Pictures Please when you go!!!

First of all, jealous!

second, MT. Washington in the White mountain national forest in NH is the tallest mountain in the east coast. you can ride the bike all the way up to the top. id do that if i had the chance.

have your passport.

they don't like concealed weapons. personal mace is not allowed, but bear mace is, because its big enough so you can't hide it.

on your way back into MI the Mackinac Bridge is the longest in the world of its type.

Niagara falls is cool if your heading that way.

you probably know this already: quick math of converting kilometers to miles. EX: take the first number in the speed limit and times it by 6. (100 km = about 60 mph......1X6=6, and 30km = 18mph about.........3X6=18.)

thats all i got.

Pictures Please when you go!!!

Thanks Marcus22,

No concealed weapons! I'll get some practice with my sling and slingshot then.

I gotta remember to call my friend in MI to ask if there's a ferry boat over to Milkwaukee! I don't look forward to riding through Chicago.

I do look forward to the big bridge though. And I'll have a photo record of the trip for sure.

Cheers

Here's a suggestion for a route from Boston to Canada.

Head North the best way you can, I95 to get out of town is easiest though not scenic.

Pick up 1A in Salisbury and follow the coast to Portsmouth where you will pick up Rt 16.

Take Rt 16 all the way to Eustis Maine. This route will take you past Mt Washington. Ride to the top if the weather is good. If it is overcast don't even try it on a bike. I've hiked up there when the base was overcast and the top was in horizontal snow with 60 mph wind, not fun. There is a small museum at the base that's worth a stop. This route is scenic and the road is usually in good condition. The only issue may be traffic in North Conway on a weekend. Lots of restaurants and hotels there so it draws tourists.

In Eustis hang a left on Rt 27 and it's just a short drive to Canada Customs.

Enjoy the ride, sounds like a fun trip.

Here's a suggestion for a route from Boston to Canada.

Head North the best way you can, I95 to get out of town is easiest though not scenic.

Pick up 1A in Salisbury and follow the coast to Portsmouth where you will pick up Rt 16.

Take Rt 16 all the way to Eustis Maine. This route will take you past Mt Washington. Ride to the top if the weather is good. If it is overcast don't even try it on a bike. I've hiked up there when the base was overcast and the top was in horizontal snow with 60 mph wind, not fun. There is a small museum at the base that's worth a stop. This route is scenic and the road is usually in good condition. The only issue may be traffic in North Conway on a weekend. Lots of restaurants and hotels there so it draws tourists.

In Eustis hang a left on Rt 27 and it's just a short drive to Canada Customs.

Enjoy the ride, sounds like a fun trip.

Hey Mainah,
Looks like a great ride. Man, lots of small towns in S. Maine, but wilderness closer to the border.
Thanks

You got it mc2, those are some of my favorite roads to ride. lots to see, good places to eat and you will meet a lot of motorcycles especially if you are near Laconia the week of June 8 thru 16 for Bike Week. It's the oldest (90 years and counting) and the friendliest. The week before that is Americade in Lake George, NY, a great touring rally. The ride from Lake George to Laconia is very scenic too,:D

Back