free website stats program Engraving | Harley Davidson Forums

Engraving

Duffer

:helpDoes any one know how to do, or where to get, engraving, etching scribing or whatever art form it takes to make a design on a chromed piece. The wife wants some roses on her Low rider and my mission in life is to keep her happy so this has become a bit of a quest for me. I can find some parts on line but nothing like what I’m looking for. Does the engraving have to be done prior to plating or is there a process for decorating after market parts. Hopefully, one of you has been through this and can save me a lot of head banging.:wall

That is a nice look. I would check by phone with a couple trophy shops in your area and see if they can help. Some of them can do much more than letter on a plaque. Some can even do glass. Worth a try maybe.

The engraving is accomplished and then the part is usually plated afterwards.
Any time I've tried to drill or do almost anything with a chrome part there is always some flaking of the chrome plating.

:helpDoes any one know how to do, or where to get, engraving, etching scribing or whatever art form it takes to make a design on a chromed piece. The wife wants some roses on her Low rider and my mission in life is to keep her happy so this has become a bit of a quest for me. I can find some parts on line but nothing like what I’m looking for. Does the engraving have to be done prior to plating or is there a process for decorating after market parts. Hopefully, one of you has been through this and can save me a lot of head banging.:wall

Give Gordon's a look. I had a custom derby cover done by him a few years ago. Very happy with the work. Here is the link

Gordons

Back