Engraving

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Duffer, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Duffer

Duffer Active Member

:helpDoes any one know how to do, or where to get, engraving, etching scribing or whatever art form it takes to make a design on a chromed piece. The wife wants some roses on her Low rider and my mission in life is to keep her happy so this has become a bit of a quest for me. I can find some parts on line but nothing like what I’m looking for. Does the engraving have to be done prior to plating or is there a process for decorating after market parts. Hopefully, one of you has been through this and can save me a lot of head banging.:wall

2. RickyBobby

RickyBobby Active Member

That is a nice look. I would check by phone with a couple trophy shops in your area and see if they can help. Some of them can do much more than letter on a plaque. Some can even do glass. Worth a try maybe.

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

4. Shifter

Shifter Active Member

The engraving is accomplished and then the part is usually plated afterwards.
    Any time I've tried to drill or do almost anything with a chrome part there is always some flaking of the chrome plating.

5. IndyRoadKing

IndyRoadKing Member

Give Gordon's a look. I had a custom derby cover done by him a few years ago. Very happy with the work. Here is the link

Gordons

6. Bait

Bait Active Member

Here is who did both of our derby covers: No complaints. They do custom work that is not shown on their web site. Extreme Custom Engraving

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  7. Duffer

Duffer Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check them out.