free website stats program Engraving your windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engraving your windshield

Back in 2001, I had my windshield engraved by a vendor at the ROT rally. It was the image of a wolf face within a dream catcher. He then hand painted the image and it turned out great. It was located at the bottom center of the windshield.

It did not obstruct my view at all and it didn't weaken the strength of the windshield. It wasn't deep enough to curtail the integrity of the shield and it still repelled the rocks without any problems. It also lasted for 5 years without fading. I can tell you that the artwork really drew crowds wherever I went.

RobDog

engrave1.jpg
one thing for sure...I'm no photo expert...but here they are...it looks much better at night with the led's on..."CRITTER"

Last edited by a moderator:
actually harley@16 I spent over a year deciding what I wanted. I used a high speed dremel tool and was scared stiff when I started but after the heart palpatations subsided it went pretty smooth and does not in any way distract or impare my vision.
I have the grim reaper engraved with lightning bolts around it and I really like it.

Back