free website stats program Engraving your windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Engraving your windshield

don't think anyone has touched on this subject yet, but I engraved something on the bottom portion of my windshield and then installed led lights on the bottom. Came out good enough to get compliments from Pete the greek who does it profesionally. Trying to get good pics to post but the glare is giving me grief. Has anyon else done something like this..."CRITTER"

Nope, only thing I want to see on my shield are open highway & bugs. Not a big fan of scripting things on my view, but good for you - if it makes you happy.

I like the idea but it's sorta like a tattoo, I'm not sure of what to engrave. At least I could replace the windshield if I didn't like it later on. What tool did you use? Was it a laser etching?

actually harley@16 I spent over a year deciding what I wanted. I used a high speed dremel tool and was scared stiff when I started but after the heart palpatations subsided it went pretty smooth and does not in any way distract or impare my vision.

Last thing I want on my windshield are scratches and that is strictly from a safety aspect. I just cant imagine what would happen if that windshield got hit by a stone at 60 mph.

That windshield is there for my protection and the last thing I want to do is compromises it.

I had never seen window etching until a while back Fourdogs, on this site posted pictures of his windshield and I'm here to tell ya, it looked sharp. I liked it so much that I saved his thread. I have copied it from my "favorites" email. Hopefully you can check it out.
HC
Originally Posted by Fourdogs
Thank you and no not hard to do nor expensive. Wish I could take credit for the idea of the wind screen. Actually seen one a few years back in Knoxville at a rally. The Gentleman paid 450.00 buck to has his done. He bought it somewhere in California. He had the "Bar and Shield" etching...I thought gee i can find a better deal...lol To get it to look right the windscreen has to be etched are anything that would give that appearance...so what I found was this...btw i have about 120.00 total invested and not that hard at all..the lightning is very easy to do. ...Lights from Boogey Lights Motorcycle LED Lights and Motorcycle LED Lighting i used the stepped pods and the windshield etching is a decal from T.S. Customs http://tscustoms.com/etch_look_decals.htm....and the way the screen is done is i took two pods and joined then and made a bracket and the leds must make physical contact to give a Fiber optic look...

Back