free website stats program English Newbie with sparks problem | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

English Newbie with sparks problem

I live in Coventry which is near Stratford upon Avon.
That's where motorcycles have to turn up the wicks on their lights at night, but not too far in case they set fire to their thatched mudguards.

Isn't that Shakespeare country? I'm looking forward to a video of your bike up and running. Good to have you on the forum Zen

I have visited that area a few times in the past not for about 15 years as i have some family in rugby and i had a bike that was born on meriden

Brian

Isn't that Shakespeare country? I'm looking forward to a video of your bike up and running. Good to have you on the forum Zen

I have visited that area a few times in the past not for about 15 years as i have some family in rugby and i had a bike that was born on meriden

Brian

Yes you're right it is Shakespeare country, the county of Warwickshire, thanks for the welcome. I too am looking forward to a video of my bike up and running!

Meriden? that would be a Triumph then. They didn't leak oil they were just marking their territory.

Yes you're right it is Shakespeare country, the county of Warwickshire, thanks for the welcome. I too am looking forward to a video of my bike up and running!

Meriden? that would be a Triumph then. They didn't leak oil they were just marking their territory.

It was a 75 bonnie last of the right side gear change i picked it up in 1978 didnt leak much oil a drop here and there, i was a wee bit younger then

Brian

Hah--a motorcycle marking it's terrier-tory...! Now I know what the purpose of the ol' Harley drip oiling system was all about...! :newsmile100:

I'm hoping that as this is my 5th post I can include photies, this is the bike that's currently breaking my heart ......:bigsmiley15:

oldyeller.jpg

This is me on a good day ...

drunk-park-bench.jpg

And this is my Fatboy, pretty standard sort of thing

DSCN0676.jpg

Back to the issue in hand. It's just occurred to me that although the first condensers I ever tangled with were about the size of a cotton reel and lived inside the distributor of my Triumph Herald, it doesn't mean they still are. Could it possibly be the the small plastic do-hickory circled in this photo? Although having looked at The Accel site they still look like cotton reels just smaller.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMDExMTEtMTUwNi5qcGc.jpg

I'm off now for a slice of London fog and to enjoy my crumpet.
Zen..those rides are really sweet but from your angle of observation your missing quite a bit of the big picture. You should try to straighten up before you put your wet tongue on 12v DC.

Having recently reached the age of forty-sixteen the yellow bike has taught me that my knees buckle quite easily when I get down to peer over the top of my specs at small items low down (my optician made me try bi-focals but I forget which part of the lens to squint through)

However getting into a suitable position in order to rock my centre of gravity back over my feet entails scrabbling around the garden like a bear cub until I'm jammed against a wall which allows me to haul my svelt 184lbs northwards.
A quick examination of my clothes then reminds I should pick up after the dog before undertaking any routine work on my bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back