free website stats program English Newbie with sparks problem | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

English Newbie with sparks problem

I remember Blue Streak performance parts...copper if I remember correctly, on my old 67 Mercury Cougar they were the hot setup, with my clear distributor cap with brass contacts and Mallory ignition w/ Holley carb setup.

Those points had copper arm/baseplate, "rare earth tungsten carbide ventilated contacts" even had a felt lubricator to wipe the cam and came with a red capsule of high temp grease, insulator was nylon, tension spring stainless steel.

Still don't even know if there are makers still around who make quality points of that caliber anymore...but if you find them, you are golden...they certainly worth the price of admission.

I think Napa still carries Blue Streak, I know J P does for sure remember to wipe the points to clean any oil residue and dont forget to lube the wiper block on the points

Last edited by a moderator:
So we could start a poll with numbers out of 10 for the results of the poll, now there is an idea :s

Brian

Jack we need to see the video first you cant give a score on nothing :p

Brian

Jack I don't know if they have NAPA in UK. Did you check the web site I sent him?? In case your wondering the Poll is to rate his landing when he goes over the bars. Your still a 9 in my book.

As far as i am aware there is no napa in the UK
But then im so far north there isn't much of anything here

Brian

As far as i am aware there is no napa in the UK
But then im so far north there isn't much of anything here

Brian

Brian your place sounds like mine. I don't live in West Nowhere, but you can see it from here.:newsmile100:

I live in Coventry which is near Stratford upon Avon.
That's where motorcycles have to turn up the wicks on their lights at night, but not too far in case they set fire to their thatched mudguards.

Back