free website stats program English Newbie with sparks problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

English Newbie with sparks problem

I'm hoping that as this is my 5th post I can include photies, this is the bike that's currently breaking my heart ......:bigsmiley15:

oldyeller.jpg

This is me on a good day ...

drunk-park-bench.jpg

And this is my Fatboy, pretty standard sort of thing

DSCN0676.jpg

Back to the issue in hand. It's just occurred to me that although the first condensers I ever tangled with were about the size of a cotton reel and lived inside the distributor of my Triumph Herald, it doesn't mean they still are. Could it possibly be the the small plastic do-hickory circled in this photo? Although having looked at The Accel site they still look like cotton reels just smaller.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMDExMTEtMTUwNi5qcGc.jpg

I'm off now for a slice of London fog and to enjoy my crumpet.

The circle dropped of that last one and landed on the floor, here's another one.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMDExMTEtMTUwNi5qcGc.jpg

That is the micro condensor bilt on to the points, Throw it away get some Blue streak points and a seperate condensor and ride it

I remember Blue Streak performance parts...copper if I remember correctly, on my old 67 Mercury Cougar they were the hot setup, with my clear distributor cap with brass contacts and Mallory ignition w/ Holley carb setup.

Those points had copper arm/baseplate, "rare earth tungsten carbide ventilated contacts" even had a felt lubricator to wipe the cam and came with a red capsule of high temp grease, insulator was nylon, tension spring stainless steel.

Still don't even know if there are makers still around who make quality points of that caliber anymore...but if you find them, you are golden...they certainly worth the price of admission.

Please keep us up to date on how things are going when the parts come in as i am sure some of the older heids are interested

Brian

Sure thing!
I can't wait to get back to my newest bestest ever learnt skill.

Namely kicking over 1340 without a valve lifter.

The first time I did it I amused on lookers by demonstrating a flying W as I went over the bars.
The second time I tried to knee my own teeth out.

Sure thing!
I can't wait to get back to my newest bestest ever learnt skill.

Namely kicking over 1340 without a valve lifter.

The first time I did it I amused on lookers by demonstrating a flying W as I went over the bars.
The second time I tried to knee my own teeth out.

Can we get pictures of the startup procedure? Haven't seen a good flying W since my motocross days.:newsmile100::newsmile100:

Can we get pictures of the startup procedure? Haven't seen a good flying W since my motocross days.:newsmile100::newsmile100:

A short video clip would be even better and then we can groan with you on your landing

Brian

Back